Pregnancy Discomforts and Resources to Help
Delta Strength Fitness
– What: Certified and Licensed personal trainer familiar with pregnancy exercises (and post pregnancy fitness) and Nutrition
Cost: Varies on the plan selected
Source: Delta Strength Fitness on Facebook and Instagram, outstanding reviews from clients and family hike day participants
– What: Prenatal yoga classes (private and group). Light exercise focusing on connecting with your baby and preparing your body gently. Winter group classes on the beach. Private and group indoor classes at home.
Costs: 75 AED per group session, 350 for private with maximum of 3 attendees
Source: Personal use, came recommended by other pregnant ladies
– What: Prenatal and Postnatal Pilates
-Indoor and outdoor classes using Fitball, props and Reformer machine.
-Prenatal workshops for physical and breath birth preparation
-Postpartum programmes that focus on abdominal rehabilitation to recover not only aesthetically but also functionally.
-Pelvic Floor workshops.
Who: Marianne, a fully-certified Pilates instructor.
250 AED for privates (220 with package + free postpartum visit)
100 AED for groups (80 with package)
600 AED for Prenatal workshops (4 workshops)
600 AED for Postpartum programme (5 sessions)
Phone number: 058 214 7059
Source: Recommendation, Instagram **marianne.coreconnect**
– What: If you don’t have access to a pool, there are many hotels you can pay a fee to use for the day or month
Costs: Varies on location. 100 AED for all day facility use and meal vouchers at Sheraton JBR. 35 AED per visit at Novotel Barsha (monthly packages available)
Source: Recommended to swim during pregnancy by Dr. Anni and Barbara Harper
– What: Ingredients and a recipe delivered to your doorstep for nutritious, tasty, and simple to make meals. Takes the work out of grocery shopping and meal planning.
Cost: Varies on the plan you select
– What: Alignment of the spine which encourages blood flow and communication through the central nervous system to naturally relieve aches and pains
Where: Kind Care, Umm Sequim
Who: Dr. Vanda Corbett
Cost: 390 AED for adjustment
Phone: 04 3388588
personally have been treated by Dr. Vanda
– What: Treatment aims to normalise the structure so that it functions as efficiently as possible. Osteopathic treatment during pregnancy can help to align the body so that the pelvis and spinal mechanics are in the best possible position and with as little tension or restriction as possible. Osteopathic treatment will maximise the body’s ability to change and support you and your baby with minimum pain and discomfort.
Osteopathic treatment may help to ease back pain, neck and shoulder pain, muscular tension, lower abdominal pain or pubic symphsis pain, headaches, fatigue, nausea and vomiting, insomnia, circulatory problems, heartburn, indigestion, and constipation to name a few conditions. Osteopathy is safe and gentle for both the mother and the baby with the techniques used during pregnancy being carefully selected and adapted to suit each patient to minimise any risk. About half of the patients report mild increase in pain or stiffness, headache, or tiredness after the first one or two sessions. This is part of the normal process and patients need not worry about this, however they must report this to their Osteopath during the treatment.
Ms. Whalan also works on both mothers and babies having latching and feeding issues, breast pain in the mother associated with breastfeeding and pre and post lingual frenectomy procedure body work for the baby/infant. Treatment for mothers can be during pregnancy at any stage and post partum at any stage.
Where: Alternative Medicine Center
Cost: 450 AED for 30 minutes
Source: www.osteopathydubai.com, http://gulfnews.com/guides/health/your-ultimate-guide-to-pregnancy-treatments-in-the-uae-1.1564094
– What: Fertility & Pregnancy Reflexologist, Baby Relax Instructor, Lymph Drainage Practitioner & Colon Hydrotherapist. Reflexology is the use of specific techniques applied to the reflex points on your feet that correspond with other areas and systems of your body to promote healing, balance, wellbeing.
Who: Gemma Nelson of Purity Health
– What: An energetic and certified guide for hikes either for a day or a weekend with food included.
Where: around UAE and Oman
Costs: Varies on details of the trip
Source: Adventurati Outdoor on Facebook, also Live the Adventure! Group on Facebook. Personal use
Out of the Blues
– Support Group for Post Natal Illness ran by mothers. Online forum and support network.
Where: Online, Coffee Mornings, Evening Support Groups
, Found on Expatwomen.com
Holistic Healing Link:
Source for Holistic Healing options in the city: http://www.timeoutdubai.com/bodyandmind/features/25632-25-to-try-holistic-therapy-in-dubai